In the Schneider family, our experiences are represented by two separate yet equally important perspectives: The Father, whose views are fun but boarder on ridiculous and the Mother, whose views she believes, incorrectly, to be based on reality. These are their stories. Bum bum.



Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Dear, Head Gear

Submitted by Clayton...

In response to Jenn's last post, A Tough Nut to Crack;

Perhaps Jenn's parents never felt the need to make her wear a helmet because she was so hard-headed.

I imagine when Jenn was younger, she was one of those rebellious children who left the house for school wearing one thing, but when her parents were long out of sight, she'd reach into her knapsack and pull out her disallowed clothing - her helmet, carefully place it on her head, making sure the straps fit and that the helmet met all current Canadian safety standards by checking her Junior Consumer Reports magazine and then quietly returned to the sidewalk (you shouldn't walk on the grass) where she would walk safely to school.

You will never get her to shake her belief in helmets.  The one period of her life that she threw caution to the wind and left her helmet at home, she walked smack into a glass door at the mall.  That was all the confirmation she needed.

Does this explain her passion for famous fashion photographer Helmut Newton?  Or maybe her love of the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader?  It's all coming together now, isn't it!

The unfortunate side effect is that now KD has got to wear a helmet everywhere.  You think I'm exaggerating? I would like to submit exhibit #1 into evidence.



Now really, how dangerous can playing with Grandma really be?  This is not an aberration - I would like to submit exhibit #2 for your review.


Seriously.  A walk in the grass.  Ridiculous.  I can only imagine that Jenn was thinking if a strong wind comes along and a branch falls on KD's head or maybe if frozen poop from an airplane 35 000 feet in the air happens to come hurling through space, I really don't know...

Consider my final piece of evidence, submission #3.


Push-ups.  I rest my case.

Make that, I rest my head case.

No comments:

Post a Comment