In the Schneider family, our experiences are represented by two separate yet equally important perspectives: The Father, whose views are fun but boarder on ridiculous and the Mother, whose views she believes, incorrectly, to be based on reality. These are their stories. Bum bum.



Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fuji Saddness

Submitted by Jennifer


So we recently decided to cash in our airmiles and obtain a decent point-and-shoot camera with them.  Seeing as this would be our camera for trekking around and traveling etc., we opted for a shock-proof, water-proof, grubby-kid-finger-proof, throw-it-off-a-tall-building-proof kinda model.  Something we would never have to worry about keeping out of the rain, or cold, or heat or whatever the elements could send our way.

Approximately two months ago we received our handy little camera in the mail, and it was love right from the start.  The picture quality was great.  The camera was already proving to be quite resistant, just as promised....and then something happened...


About two weeks ago, Clayton and the kids went for a swim in his parents backyard pool.  Clayton decided to give the underwater features on the camera a try.  The camera advertised to be water resistant for up to something like thirty feet.  I came home from work that evening to the news that taking the camera in the pool had indeed fried the camera.  The good news was the memory card was salvaged, and even some of the underwater photos...


I had a look through them the other day, as I was preparing the photos for my previous post.


I think I figured out what did the camera in...











2 comments:

  1. I think I messed up. I hope this doesn't effect the warranty. Things got a little crazy. I must've taken pictures of 40 or 50 feet in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blub blub blub .....ooo0o000OOO00OO!

    ReplyDelete