In the Schneider family, our experiences are represented by two separate yet equally important perspectives: The Father, whose views are fun but boarder on ridiculous and the Mother, whose views she believes, incorrectly, to be based on reality. These are their stories. Bum bum.



Sunday, January 30, 2011

Not To Worry, It's Not Just Your Mind...

Submitted by Clayton...

I differ from Jenn in many many ways...  There are many tangents here I am fighting off.  I am talking about dreams.  As in her post below, she remembers hers, I don't remember mine at all.  The only thing I ever remember is the moment when I first wake up and remember a bit of a dream that I really, really want to remember, not just to tell Jenn, but also just to try and actually remember a dream for once, so I can cross this off my bucket list once and for all.

I did have a moment like Jenn talks about in her post where you wake up but still visualize your dreamworld and the real world.  I woke up as Jenn was coming to bed and I sat up fully awake and was surprised to see what I believed was a Cambodian Hooker skulking alongside Jenn's side of the bed.  I have no recollection of ever knowing anything about Cambodian Hookers but here one was and no matter how much I checked with myself that I was awake she kept skulking along.  I rubbed my eyes, I squinted and I spoke to her.  Jenn spoke back to me and I recognized her voice to be Jenn, but she still looked like a Cambodian Hooker!  Jenn can keep her crazy dreams, I'll keep not remembering mine thank you very much.

Dreams can really mess you up / Dreams change lives;

My best friend in high school hated an opinionated classmate until he had a very hot encounter with her in a dream.  After that he was fascinated and smitten.  The fact that he and this girl had always disliked one another was very common knowledge in our school and had been for years, but because of an erotic dream,  their paths changed and eventually they dated (for a whole week, until reality set in again and she got out of his car in the middle of traffic - another story for another post.)

Is amnesia just like long dreams?

In college I had a friend who rolled his borrowed truck when he went away for the weekend.  He was physically well, but he had hit his head and couldn't remember a significant portion of his life.  He went home but then returned to school; his parents hoped returning would spur his memory.  He remembered nothing but parts of his childhood.  He was back in the dorm but didn't attend classes for obvious reasons.  There were noticeable changes in his personality and the things he enjoyed changed.  Being guys we had  discussed who we liked, who we didn't and this friend had told me that he was not interested in a girl from our sister dorm that several of the guys were fond of.  I had had a conversation with him where he explained that although she was the nicest girl around, there was absolutely nothing he found attractive about her.  (For all the girls out there reading this, if you want to get the attention of the guy that won't give you the time of day - get him really drowsy before you send him on the highway.)  My friend stricken with amnesia was now head over heels for this girl.  He would go out of his way to catch a glimpse of her because he thought she was the hottest thing since... (he couldn't remember what).  My friend wandered around campus for a month before returning home with little more memory than he had left with.  I'm not sure how he is doing now, but I hope he is well.

Anyhow dreams are not a subject I can speak with much knowledge about, well adult dreams (the age group not the content) at least.  Night terrors in children I have a little more experience with.  That however is another conversation.

Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment